To The Man Who Won’t Sleep With Me

It was a habit that started when the two of us would cram into my extra-long twin bed back in college.

We were high school sweethearts. Even my comforter and throw pillows were blue and green: homage to our school colors. We’d stretch our toes and yawn together. And there was something to having him there, at arm’s reach, in the middle of our long-term relationship.

Our lives weren’t just connected by phone lines and hushed middle-of-the-night phone calls echoing along the walls of the hallway outside my dorm. You were there, a warm presence, a mound of a man I loved.

So many of us good Christian girls would do it. For a while our freshman year, it was like a game of nighttime musical chairs. We prayed, we listened to Christian music, we laughed about the days to come.

And then our boyfriends would come to visit us for the weekend in our four-person dorm. We’d forget that it didn’t matter if we were saving the Big Sleep for marriage. We were crossing a serious boundary, we were entering a realm of radical intimacy, whether we were breaking a commandment or not.

This pattern showed up in my relationships after we broke up. It repeated long after freshman year. Long after dormitory life. It echoed into the dynamic of every relationship since, just like the whispering late-night calls with my ex-high-school-honey.

Let me be clear: we know that sex before marriage is wrong. That was an obvious boundary to never cross.

But, every guy I’ve dated since then had a pillow with my name on it. In every relationship, spending the night, no matter how innocent it seemed, has crept back into the tide of my love life. I fell in love with a few men, and fell into the habit of closing my eyes to a face and waking to it again eight hours later.

IT WAS A CONSOLATION FOR THE MARRIAGE I DIDN’T HAVE.

It wasn’t a big deal. It was just sleeping beside someone.

Until I met you.

We’ve been dating for a year now. And still, it happens the same way every night we hang out.

THERE’S NO PILLOW IN MY NAME. THERE’S NO SPACE RESERVED FOR ME

WHILE YOU SLEEP.

On our date nights, you look at the clock and watch the minutes drip down to midnight. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you stand to your feet and offer me your hand.

“Here, let me walk you to your car,” you say. You call this “Cinderella time.” It’s our nickname for the moment when we say goodnight. When you nestle me safely there and wait for my “got home safe, love you” text.

TO BE HONEST, AT FIRST IT REALLY CONFUSED ME.

I thought you loved me. I thought you wanted me around all of the time.

Yes, we’re the “good Christian boy and girl,” but haven’t all of the other Christian men I’ve dated wanted the same thing from me eventually? No matter how devout or respected they were in their communities?

We’ve learned this, these legally-single women and I. We’ve learned that we’re desired by becoming the prom queen. The Cinderella at the ball. There is something about our face, our frames that make us desirable. It’s our faces and frames that get us the free drinks and the phone numbers on cocktail napkins, after all.

And then I realized where my sense of worth was coming from. It was coming from an invitation to spend the night. It was coming from the want of being wanted. It was coming from a ritual that was breaking down my standards. Brick by brick.

You didn’t want this from me. And by this small gesture, by this boundary, by this standard, by this reasoning, you do love me.

You desire to see me flourish. You desire to save that for later. You desire to encourage me. And lead me through a healthy relationship.

And even better, you respect me. Which, oddly, looks a whole lot like love. Real love.

Our relationship will not be characterized by sleepovers. This is something sacred that you want to save, because you’ve learned lessons the hard way, too.

And I’m thankful. Thankful to have someone in my life who doesn’t fall for the “it’s not a big deal” trick. It’s a very big deal, you tell me. You let me know by keeping your word. You let me know by leading me well, and protecting my spirit.

I have to wonder if this is the sign. If this is what makes the difference. If this protection of my heart, this willingness to do things differently than our culture would suggest (even our Christian culture) is what leads to a beautiful life.

SO, TO THE MAN WHO WON’T SLEEP WITH ME: I DON’T

WANT TO SLEEP WITH YOU, EITHER.

Because I love you, too.

_________________________________________________

Brett_WilsonBrett Elizabeth Wilson, creator of prodigalsister.com, is a “Type-A Hippie” from Virginia Beach, Va. She loves coffee, red lipstick and Broadway musicals.

1. This was hard for me to read because of the situation I’ve been in for almost three years now. I don’t want to face the truth that this shouldn’t be happening right now even though nothing sexual is occurring. Because the truth is I like the comfort of having the man I love, even if he doesn’t love me back, and fingers length from me. I feel safe and protected like I never have before. As a survivor of sexual abuse this is the safety I’ve longed for since childhood- and I finally have it. Even if it isn’t a complete truth.

So this was hard for me to read because I know everything in it to be true, to be me right now in this moment. And this isn’t a truth I feel ready to face yet.

By Erica | 3 years ago Reply
    • I know just how you feel. I pray that you will let go soon, so that you can have what God really wants for you–genuine live and comfort from a man who loves you.

By jess | 3 years ago Reply
  2. This is a really cool article! Thanks for sharing!!

By Laura | 3 years ago Reply
  3. Thank you, I needed to hear that someone went through a similar experience and successfully got out of it…
    Thank you!! 🙂

By Diane | 3 years ago Reply
  4. Goosebumps. That’s all I can say. Because I’m walking in those shoes right now, with a long term boyfriend in college. What a beautiful revelation, thank you. I needed this and I think I was meant to read this.

By Leah | 3 years ago Reply
  5. Beautifully written and very honest. This is true love, putting the other’s needs before your own, no matter what the feelings or emotions might tell you. This is sacrificial love, the same love Jesus showed us on Calvary. Please pray for me. God Bless.

By Chung Khong | 3 years ago Reply
  6. This blog brought me to tears. For years I have been leaving my name on pillows and my fellow Christian gals were doing the same. It just seemed so harmless at the time until after the relationship would end. I have been racked with confusion and guilt, not having an idea about how to address the matters. This blog made the blurred lines I was seeing clear, I can’t thank you enough for your honesty.

By Hannah | 3 years ago Reply
  7. wow. What a beautiful, beautiful way to share truth.

By Laurie Tomlinson | 3 years ago Reply
  8. Im 47 years old and it takes this post to make me realize I want to protect Henrys soul. Blessings missy. Pray for us.

By Rita | 3 years ago Reply
  9. Thank you SO much for writing about this! My boyfriend and I seem to one of few in our friend group who do not have sleepovers and it’s super tough because it’s not very common. It’s nice to read that others consider it’s worth and that it is a display of true love! Thank you thank you!

By Kileen | 3 years ago Reply
  10. I’m a “dude,” and I just want to say – Thank you.

Carry on. :p

God love you!

By A Dude | 3 years ago Reply
  11. So well written!!!! Every female should read this!! I was right there with you.

By Lisa | 3 years ago Reply
  12. Perfect. Really… Just perfect. I cried reading it because it’s all beautiful truth and encouragement I needed. Thank you.

By Samantha | 3 years ago Reply
  13. I loved this article! My boyfriend of 2.5 years and I were debating on whether or not I should spend the night at his place, even though we are not sexually active. This really assisted in my decision making 🙂

By Leah | 3 years ago Reply
  14. Beautiful

By Ian | 3 years ago Reply
  15. The pressure to “sleep over” is just as big of an issue for those 50+ in age who are single. It is difficult because men our age date younger woman, we often feel like we will be alone if we don’t go along. We have to be strong friends to one another, it helps ease the feeling that no one will ever come along.

By Constance | 3 years ago Reply
  16. Will this policy continue into marriage too?

By John | 3 years ago Reply
    • Absolutely not 😉

By Brett Wilson | 3 years ago Reply
  17. That’s awesome, coming from the guys perspective. It’s writings like these that make me happy to know I’ve waited, and continue to wait, for my cinderella whom I can truly love and respect. God bless.

By David | 3 years ago Reply
    • She’s out there waiting for her Prince!

By Mare | 3 years ago Reply
  18. Thank you for sharing your past, and present with total strangers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

Thank you for this beautiful post. I need to learn this. I’ve crossed many boundaries in that area. And yes, I also did get my self worth from feeling desirable. What does that say about the guys I was with? What does that say about me? I shutter remembering how I was.

By Mel | 3 years ago Reply
  19. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing this, because I have learned lessons like this the hard way, too. This just gives me one more reason to not repeat the patterns of my past and, if God wills for me to have another relationship, to enter into it with conviction towards Godliness, true love, and complete mutual respect.

By Alaina | 3 years ago Reply
  20. Wow! This was so beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing! It really resonated with me 🙂

By Jacqui | 3 years ago Reply
  21. Wow! You have no idea how much I needed to read this! I had those types of “slumber party” boyfriends all through college and none of them ended well. At the time, I thought it was just due to me settling, but now I know there was more to it. They didn’t love me the way I need to be loved, with THIS kind of respect and dignity. Thank you SO much for sharing. God bless you!

By Emily | 3 years ago Reply
  22. Thanks for sharing this experience. Chastity it’s worthwhile!!!

By Edgar Preyshentz | 3 years ago Reply
  23. I love this short. How true it is. And try to be in your 40’s closer to 50 and have a “nice date”. It seems they all have the view point that you are no longer a vergin so what’s the big deal.

It is a big deal. Maybe not so much for men as women. And most don’t understand that when I say I’m a good Italian catholic and all that implies. Yes I have a past but I have grown, learned, and moved on. I am not who I was at 21 or 25 or 30 or 40 for that matter. The past doesn’t matter. It’s gone. It’s over.

And then there are those men who think they are doing you a favor by having sex with you.
    To them I say get real! This is a choice I made. It’s not a curse or a punishment. I mean if I really wanted to I could find it in a market for heavens sake.

I wish life was like in an old Doris Day movie most of the time. When men would find it wrong to be so open about such things. And us woman wouldn’t find it part of the norm.

By Donna | 3 years ago Reply
  24. If you don’t marry that man, you will regret it twenty years later… 🙁

By Chinch | 3 years ago Reply
    • And 40 years later, and…

By Mary | 3 years ago Reply
  25. How about sleep overs where we don’t sleep in the same bed or room?
    He tucks me into bed and cuddles me before going to his own bed upstairs.

By Sasha | 3 years ago Reply
    • The saying “Occasion of sin” comes to mind.

By Lchiara | 3 years ago Reply
  26. This is a topic that I had no prior strong conviction either way. I would feel uneasy when friends who were dating would sleep in the same bed together but I was never really sure if I would feel different if I were the one in a relationship. This was the tipping point. Thank you. You’ve moved me from an unarticulated unease to a complete conviction that this beautiful form of intimacy, this waking up next to your beloved, is a gift best reserved for the sacrament of marriage.

By Monica Anne | 3 years ago Reply
  27. Nice article but let’s set the record straight. He does want to sleep with you and you do want to sleep with him. You just aren’t. That’s great and this is a nice article but it’s not like the man doesn’t want to sleep with you. He does, he is just choosing not to (Which is awesome and rare).

By Jonny | 3 years ago Reply
  28. Men like that are out there. I married one. Thank you God! So don’t despair, wait for that friend for life. And praying the courtship prayer helps too.

By Caroline | 3 years ago Reply
  29. Beautiful. The last two sentences were my favorite 🙂

By Anna | 3 years ago Reply
  30. Like the girl above me said…Goosebumps. Lots of goosebumps. Im going through something similar. Me and my serious boyfriend of 2 years and halfjust graduated high school, about to be separated going to college. We have a really healthy Christian relationship, no sex till marriage and topic of sleeping with eachother has came up. Thank you for this blog. It was perfect and deffinetly well needed. God Bless

By Anna | 3 years ago Reply
  31. Thank you so much for This. Means a lot!!!!

By Vanessa | 3 years ago Reply
  32. That was inspiring, its true in so many ways.

By Eddie | 3 years ago Reply
  33. I’m currently engaged, and my fiancé is moving into the house we’re going to live
    in once we’re married. He told me he’s not even going to sleep in what will be our room until the wedding- he’ll be sleeping in the guest room on the spare bed. This post made me think of that. 🙂

By GiannaT | 3 years ago Reply
    • You are still setting up an “Occasion of Sin”.

By Chris | 3 years ago Reply
      • Delete the above comment. I realized that she did not say she was moving in to the house, just that he was. My bad..

By Chris | 3 years ago Reply
    • Wow that is so beautiful! Thank your fiancé for being a heroic witness

By Kelsey Kaufman | 3 years ago Reply
  34. Absolutely loved this! The ending was really beautiful. Men who take their duty to protect our hearts just make my eyes water a bit. Thank you for sharing 🙂

By Hannah Pavalko | 3 years ago Reply
  35. My three children saved “it” for their soulmates; their significant others. They slept together and lived together for a long time before they were married. None of them had multiple pillows with their names on them. None of them, and none of their spouses had multiple partners. They’re all happily married, and none of them is yet 30 years old. Saving “it” for marriage isn’t all it’s crocked up to be unless you keep “it” to yourself until you ARE committed to the one you’re sleeping with, whether by marriage or by compact.

By Victoria Brimmer | 3 years ago Reply
    • Wholeheartedly, agree. “It” should be for the one they truly love, because even Christians divorce, and cheat. It’s not all that it’s cracked up to be.

By Katie | 3 years ago Reply
  36. Aww you’re all so adorable 🙂

By Bob | 3 years ago Reply
  37. I’m struggling with this myself and I feel like I’m the one that he’s relying on to set the boundaries when I want it to be both of standing strong in our faith and our knowledge of what’s right and wrong….
    Any suggestions???

By Rose | 3 years ago Reply
    • I would suggest telling that to him. Have an honest conversation about it. When my husband and I were engaged (a few months ago), I felt the same way at times. Often when I would make a boundary clear (usually after we had crossed it or come close), there was a lot of guilt between us. My then-fiance told me more than once that it was my constant reassurance that, “it was okay”, that we were okay, but we needed to try harder to respect one another, to love and not lust, and work to forgive ourselves and one another. There was a lot of going to confession for 6 months or so, that’s for sure. It was a beautiful way to grow in love, self-sacrifice, and trust. Being able to say, “I love you, YOU are beautiful and good, even if you make mistakes” was huge. And being able to hear that was a constant reminder that I am loved. We have an incredible relationship, and he’s everything I prayed I could have in a husband one day.

By Shawna | 3 years ago Reply
  38. Wow. Deep. Maybe one day I will meet that kinda Christian man…….. To the man who won’t sleep with me I will wait for you

By Tshego Motlhake | 3 years ago Reply
  39. You have touched a most sensitive topic with much grace and wisdom. Thank you for sharing your heart.

By Susan Axe | 3 years ago Reply
  40. You’re doing a wonderful thing! Just one little side note that may be too old fashioned, but for what it’s worth, he should escort you home! Not just to the door and await your call. It’s more appropriate that he have the desire to see that you’re safe. It will matter later, when and if you marry, that he be your protector as well!!!! God bless you and your purity!

By Vicky Vining | 3 years ago Reply
  41. Thanks got sharing. I’ve just come out of a relationship and experienced the whole sleepover experience. I’ve decided that I will wait. 🙂 blessings and love

By Suzie | 3 years ago Reply
  42. Beautiful.

By Hila | 3 years ago Reply
  43. I loved this story. The guy showed great restraint, & lover for your desires to save yourself for marriage. He’s a keeper. Hope you two have a wonderful life and love with those you are compatible with.
    But this also made me wonder how many of the men that, like you say “…have a pillow with your name on it” do this because they feel the pressure to do so, so that they don’t look like they are not sexually attracted to the lady. Seems like the guys I talk to get drilled by the other guy friends all the time.. You know things like “Well did you have sex yet?” If you don’t show her that you NEED her you might lose her.
    Some of the woman (saving themselves for marriage) also tend to accept such invitations, which btw are a huge temptation to taking it further than just hugs and kisses, because they don’t want to lose that guy.
    I wish that this sort of pressure would not be in the picture.
    Some of my friends say that if a guy is not wanting to show sexual passions, desire for carnal acts that he must not really love you. But is that is true then does someone that will just have you for the night…” LOVE” you? I mean they even say the words during sex, but then can just quickly move on to the next.
    Bottom line is that your both have to have the same relationship goals and desires, really love that person enough to want what they want out of a relationship, then totally give that respect, love by honoring that for each other.

By eKRfan | 3 years ago Reply
  44. Love this, I wish I had known this site existed back when my friends and I were still “single”, we all got married pretty soon in the years following high school.

I always felt like actual falling asleep with someone was a big deal back before my married days. I didn’t get much support on that issue so I let it go. I’m just lucky in a sense that I married my high school sweetheart so there wasn’t a long list of a past that I had to come to terms with on my wedding day. It still made for some rough yearly married years though. So even if you think the one you are with now is the one you will marry – do not use that as an excuse to lower the standards you have set for yourself. I can tell you that it will save you a lot of marital headache in the early years if you stay strong.

You don’t want to have to have those big fights about mistakes you’ve both made in the past when you first get married. No, you want to fight about silly things like why he’ll leave his dirty clothes beside the hamper without putting them in or the way he spits his tooth paste out.

You’re fighting the good fight. Keep fighting ladies and gents.

By Lynn Read | 3 years ago Reply
  45. I loved reading this. I have never been in a Christian relationship bsince I became saved. I am now dating a Christian man and it’s still so nee of a relationship that we haven’t yet had a talk about this part of a relationship. But having said that, he told me he is a believer and follower of what the Bible teaches. So I am praying that when the time comes to have this discussion, he will honor me enough to not want me to spend the night.

By JulieM | 3 years ago Reply
  46. That was beautiful – thank you so much for sharing. What a resonating last thought! God bless.

By Chloe M. | 3 years ago Reply
  47. This is very well written. My husband teaches our singles and marrieds that there are 4 kinds of love expressed in Ephesians chapter 5: Sacrificial love, Sanctifying love (caring about the spiritual well-being; both of which which you express well here), caring love (caring about the the physical well-being) and finally – after marriage – bonded love. Thanks!

By Nancy Peterman | 3 years ago Reply
  48. Thank you for this! 🙂 If I ever have to stay late at my boyfriend’s place, he sleeps on a separate bed, or when we shared a hotel room when we went on vacation with our friends, he chose to sleep on the couch instead. This post made me realize how lucky I am and how thankful I am to God! 🙂

By Marie | 3 years ago Reply
  49. Where’s the LIKE button? 🙂

By Sarah | 3 years ago Reply
  50. That is awesome!! We are to be cherished, respected and protected..

By melissa | 3 years ago Reply
  51. It seems like men are always on my mind, and I am always thinking what could I do to make them like me and want me. Then I stop and think, I shouldn’t have to do anything. I will find the one who is right for me at some point. During this time I have also been trying to understand faith in God, which has been confusing and very scary. This article really helps in both of those fractions of my life, allowing me to reflect on each. Thank you!

By Brianna | 3 years ago Reply
  52. I’m a man of 60years & wish I could change things of my past, I can only rely on the Divine Mercy of Jesus & beautiful, encouraging words that you articulate here. Thank you greatly!

By Rob | 3 years ago Reply
  53. You have to try it before you buy it. What if you find that you and your partner are sexually incompatible? Sexless marriages aren’t happy marriages.

By Harry Ballsonya | 3 years ago Reply
    • That sounds a lot to what the serpent (devil) said to Eve: “Try and see for yourself…” Well, we all know how that ended. It is a mediocre justification to indulge in every pleasure, whether morally right or wrong and NEVER look for commitment.

And there is ample evidence, either through History or personal, that actually sexless marriages can be happy (Saint Joseph and the Virgin Mary, Saint Emeric of Hungary, most soldiers who got married and were on long term campaigns that lasted several years without seeing their spouses, etc.).

You know after all, YOU and I are more than copulating animals, and sooner or later sex will end, especially during old age. Now, in any case, sex is one of the most fickle mortars to use in order to build a marriage…Tears, suffering, love, sacrifice, forgiveness and commitment are far more solid material.

By Gonzalo | 3 years ago Reply
    • People are not “things” to be used!

By Mare | 3 years ago Reply
  54. Thank you for sharing this! It brought me back my hope and strenght to keep my own chastity project! God bless you!

By Laura | 3 years ago Reply
  55. This is what attracted my Mama to my Daddy. He didn’t want anything but to hold her hand. 🙂

I’ve thankfully been taught to wait for (to do everything with) the guy who won’t sleep with me till we say “I Do” 😉

By Faith Grubb | 3 years ago Reply
  56. Thank you so much for this. It was beautifully written and posed as a great reminder for me today. It gives me hope that there are wonderful men like this out there still.

By Colleen | 3 years ago Reply
  57. A beautiful message, Brett.

My girlfriend and I waited, too, and it has made all the difference. All of a sudden, we’ve been married almost 28 years, and the fact that my beautiful wife and I waited for marriage gives strength and richness to our relationship still.

Some times “no” means “no”. And sometimes it just means, “Not now. Not yet.” It’s the “no” that really means “Yes, by God, as soon as the time is right!”

What a great feeling.

By John Robin | 3 years ago Reply
    • reading through this article and these comments.. this comment is the one I NEEDED most right now!!! No means, “no not right now” or wait for Gods time! thats good and deep.

By shauna | 3 years ago Reply
  58. Great article. Really loved this. Really well written. Well done.

By S D Rafter | 3 years ago Reply
  59. This is very true…the only thing is (for both men and women) when the right person comes into your life. You’ve already been defiled by someone else and you may have regrets saying “I should have given myself to you have I waited”.

By anthony | 3 years ago Reply
  60. Truly inspired…! I.d really love to meet a guy lyk that….

By Bucie mercy | 3 years ago Reply
  61. I am truly reminded by this. And I thank God for your life Ms. Brett Elizabeth Wilson! I am praying that others will be reminded about “real love” & purity too because, YES, IT’S A BIG DEAL. God bless you! :)))

By Eligen Conserman | 3 years ago Reply
  62. This is so beautiful…

By Shonda Kyser | 3 years ago Reply
  63. As a Catholic this sounds so odd to have young folks share a bed. I call that a near occassion of sin. I don’t know any healthy young men who could physically maintain chastity in that situation. I’m thankful you have found real love.

By Loretta | 3 years ago Reply
  64. Last night I spent a long time talking to two different women about my struggle of leading on men and walking that fine line, and crossing it because ‘it’s not a big deal.’ Thank you so much for writing this, it is so encouraging and a great reminder that the crap I’ve let myself get into can be done. And is done today.

By Anna | 3 years ago Reply
  65. ” Yes I read the comments–an this one made me cry ”
    ( from the Catholic woman )**I don’t know any healthy young men who could physically maintain chastity in that situation**

A healthy young man does it the same way a healthy young woman does. Its something you must want for yourself before you can give it to someone else. That comment will put us back to the 60’s and 70’s. You can Pick the Century.

I am hoping to remain sexless my comment, I don’t know if it will work. ” The man / woman who did not sleep with me sleep with someone else ” .. …. That taught me far more them I wanted or was able to learn about “Men and Woman” in one minor relationship and a major lesson.

By Geralynn Gillogly | 3 years ago Reply
  66. Love this! Hope one day I can find someone who respects me the same way, such a touching article & makes you realized boundaries that we may think are no big deal. Thank you!

By Maggie | 3 years ago Reply
  67. Loved the article. I pray everyday that I may fnd a man like that.

By Ash | 3 years ago Reply
  68. Thank you for having the courage to share so candidly. I hope this message can go out to young girls before they fall into this lie.

By Rose | 3 years ago Reply
  69. This is something I really needed to hear, because I honestly did not think sleepovers were a big deal. When, in fact they are. For someone who is 20 hand as lived a pure life my whole life, I can honestly say that this is something that WILL NOT help me live a chaste life, it will only lead into temptation. Thank you <3

By Brenna | 3 years ago Reply
  70. I remember going through that, too. It feels so confusing… But the confusion itself is a sign of sin. Thank you for this post.

By jess | 3 years ago Reply
  71. you nailed it. exactly, exactly.

By Stella | 3 years ago Reply
  72. It’s so hard to find guys who are like that.

My only problem is that, just because you sleep next to them doesn’t mean it’s necessarily bad. I’ve been with the same guy since I was 17, we’re turning 27 in a few months and have yet done anything. We don’t pray, or listen to Christian music, but attend weekly mass together and respect each other tremendously.

Love is more than just sleeping beside one another, waiting for the day to come. It’s everything in-between. The point I’m making is that, one should not feel guilty putting their name on a pillow. We never talk about the big deed because it’s a nonissue. The more we focus on being virgins and doing it, the more it consumes the relationship.

Being a virgin is a choice. There should be no temptations if one readily accepts that. Therefore, sleeping beside someone should not alter that idea whatsoever.

By Katie | 3 years ago Reply
  73. No problem Brett Elizabeth Wilson. I don’t want to sleep with you either:)

By James | 3 years ago Reply
  74. Sweetest note I’ve read today! Very inspiring! 🙂

By Yvonne | 3 years ago Reply
  75. Sweetest note I’ve read today! Very inspiring! 🙂

By Yvonne | 3 years ago Reply
  76. This brought me to tears. I decided to become celibate after meeting a man who was. I was married before and every relationship I’ve ever been in sex was always expected. I met my current boyfriend thinking it was all going to be the same but our decision to wait has been so amazing. It has brought me so much closer to God, and our relationship is so much stronger because of it.

By meg | 3 years ago Reply