30 Day Modesty Challenge

Challenge time, beautiful ladies of the Lord! In our culture nowadays it seems that it is much easier for us to dress immodestly than modestly. So here’s my challenge…

Dress modestly for 30 days.

Instagram it with the hashtag #30daymodestychallenge . (Yes… take some selfies. No judgement)

Pray about it and see what happens!

Question time… Why did I decide to take this challenge on?

A. During the hot months of summer I have noticed my desire to wear clothing that is not as modest because of convenience, but I want to change that thinking around! For me… I want to not only respect myself but I want to respect those around me! This is what modest dressing does… allows men to feel safe and women to allow the men to see their dignity within. Jason Evert said, “Women, modesty means you have beauty and power. And you use that to teach men how to love you for the right reasons.” THIS is why I am doing this challenge! And why I would like you to join me!! Modesty reveals the inner beauty while also allowing for the women to still embrace her femininity. How great is that!

What are some modesty guidelines?

A. Layering is always good! Make sure that your most private parts of your body are veiled. Shirts too low or shorts too high should be avoided. Shorts that are right above the knee are usually best, but trust me I know how hard it is to find some that fit “modest” standards. It may take some digging but I’m sure you can find some that work! If all else fails? Make some skirts or shorts yourself! Its really fun and cost efficient. Another suggestion, as women our stomach area is sacred and will eventually contain life, therefore it’d be best to cover it up!

Kileen, I’ve seen some modest clothing… It’s not cute. What can I do to style it up?

A. If you need some ideas check out my Pinterest profile! I’ll be updating it with my 30 Day Modesty Challenge board! Also the Instagrams will help give some ideas!!

I’ll be posting every week through the duration of the challenge! Let’s bring back a culture of modesty!

I’ll be praying for you, please pray for me!

______________________________________

kileenKileen Willis is a senior at Colorado State University and will graduate with a degree in teaching history at the secondary level. She is passionately driven by her love of Christ which brought her to become involved with FOCUS, Students for Life, and become the author of the blog “Daughter of a King.” She tries to write about real life topics such as; dating, fashion, and the New Evangelization to young adult Catholics who are both male and female. She hopes to become a Catholic High School teacher but more importantly she hopes to go to Heaven. Read more of her blog posts and follow her at boldinloveblog.wordpress.com. “

1. Modesty is new thing class women daughter of jesus

By Janice | 2 years ago Reply
  2. Hi!
    I really liked this challenge, I totally agree with you, it’s sometimes hard to find modest clothing in summer. You go to any mall and all you see is “cropped tops”, “short shorts”…
    I couldn’t find your pinterest page, I would appreciate if you could tell me what it is.
    You are a roll model for me,
    -Sofi

By Sofia Helen | 2 years ago Reply
    • Hey Sofi,
      There are options to search pins, pinners or boards in the search bar on pinterest .I had to search her as a “pinner” using her name. Hope you find her 🙂
      -Alisha

By Alisha | 2 years ago Reply
  3. I have a problem with the shorts that are just above the knee. They make thighs look like elephant legs unless you’re a twig.

By Brooke | 2 years ago Reply
    • shorts are not skirts so I usually use this rule for shorts it can’t be higher than your fingertips when you put you arms by your sides.

By Rita Leger | 2 years ago Reply
  4. Dear Kileen, Hi! This is an awesome challenge and I would like to participate in it. Hopefully I could accomplish it. Will post it on my blog, mycatholicchic.blogspot.com when I get it done. Please pray for me. Have a blessed day ladies! <3

By Jacq | 2 years ago Reply
  5. What an awesome challenge! Sharing!!!!

By Colleen Hammond | 2 years ago Reply
  6. Hello.
    As a woman of the modern era, in which women are learning to embrace and love themselves as a person, I find this offensive.

This quote is so very wrong. Women are beautiful, and powerful, no matter what item of clothing they decide to wear. The thought that we should be teaching men to love us for the ‘right reasons’ is disgusting. We do not dress ourselves for me. We are not objects. We do not belong to men. We are not here for them to look at and love, and we certainly shouldn’t be portraying the idea that a man should only love us if we dress modestly.
    I feel like I have read an article based around ideas from the 1700’s.
    I am appalled.

By Sarah | 2 years ago Reply
    • men* not me.

By Sarah | 2 years ago Reply
    • Wow that is such an interesting point of view. While I agree with dressing modestly you bring up a good point and an argument I have never thought of before. It would be so interesting to listen to a debate between modesty and your view!

By Kaillie | 2 years ago Reply
    • Sarah,
      First of all, I’m sorry to hear you are “appalled.” However, I will say this:
      No one is making you do it.
      Second of all, ” Women are beautiful, and powerful, no matter what item of clothing they decide to wear” is something that can and certainly does apply to those of us who choose to dress modestly. You are right. We are not objects. I refuse to dress in a way that allows a man to view me as one, and to me it seems that that is what dressing immodestly does.
      Take care and God bless,
      -Kendra

By Kendra Hutchison | 2 years ago Reply
      • Kendra, that was so spot on and well said.
        Sarah, I dress modestly to allow my inner beauty to be seen before my physical beauty. This applies to how I want my friends and family to see me, not just how I want men to see me. I agree with you and Kendra that a woman is beautiful and should be respected no matter what they are wearing or how they dress. Modest dressing is not based on shame or trying to hide a woman’s body, but is meant for women who want to save the beauty of their feminine figure for only one man- their husbands. I personally prefer to honor my body by saving it for only one person. not every woman is called to marriage and that is a choice we are free to make. Modesty is a choice for women who are seeking men, and for women who just want to dress in a way they feel most comfortable and have no interest in dating or marriage. Dressing modestly is not something that is forced on us, it is a personal choice. Like you I am also a modern woman. Choosing to dress in a way that I feel allows my inner beauty and femininity to show through does not make me old fashioned or out dated. It makes me an independent woman who is aware of the image her choice of clothing projects and the attention that image will attract. I choose to project an image of modesty, femininity, respect, and acceptance regardless of who is watching and I feel that is nothing to be ashamed of.

By annie | 2 years ago Reply
        • I also wanted to say may God bless you and protect you Sarah and Kendra.
          Kileen, you clearly have a God given gift! Your words are so inspiring and helpful, keep on going! I’ll be praying for you~

By annie | 2 years ago Reply
    • In response to the appalled person: You are appalled? We ARE what we wear. Every human advertises their personality and their self worth in what they wear. Companies spend BILLIONS telling us “how to dress.” We, as women, strip away our power when we choose to use our bodies as billboards for Victoria’s Secret. Think about it. Why would you want to expose your chest? For attention. Why would one wear those diaper-short-cutoffs? For attention to the body. Not for demonstrating our brains, our creativity, our souls. Modest dressing tells our daughters that we do not need to expose our underwear or our breasts to be women. I am more than my curves. My daughter does not need to see Mommy rocking a tiny two piece. And yes-I could wear one. But why would I do that? It will confuse my daughter about the messages I want to impart about chastity and morality. If I did that it might be more about me trying to get the attention of other men or to show off my physique to others gals. If you think dressing with my arse hanging out would help my daughter, that would be incorrect thinking. I am a thoroughly modern lady. Emphasis on the “lady.” I LOVED this article as I have been practicing modest dressing for a while. Do I get dressed up for my darling husband? You bet. But it is within proper context. I don’t disregard my appearance when I am going to Maggiano’s with the family. I dress like a lady. And it works. My husband loves that I save the good stuff for him. If you are this angry over an article that espouses using your brain over showing off your body parts, it’s time to ask yourself why.

By Ginni | 2 years ago Reply
    • Hi Sarah, it’s precisely why we are beautiful that we have to cover up our bodies because immodest dressing distracts a guy from seeing the rest of the beauty that you possess as a woman. Guys are easily seduced by what they see and as a woman, you want a guy to love you not because of your body and but for the person you are. Study The theology of his and her body by Jason Evert perhaps to understand why modest dressing is important. And as women we have to understand a man’s weakness in this arena.

By Diana | 2 years ago Reply
    • Hi Sarah,
      It’s precisely why we are beautiful that we have to cover up our bodies because immodest dressing distracts a guy from seeing the rest of the beauty that you possess as a woman. Guys are easily seduced by what they see and as a woman, you want a guy to love you not because of your body and but for the person you are. Study The theology of his and her body by Jason Evert perhaps to understand why modest dressing is important. And as women we have to understand a man’s weakness in this arena.
      Be blessed

By Diana | 2 years ago Reply
    • I completely agree. Thank you for posting. I mean while this article is written in a very well-intentioned way, I hate to think what it means to dress immodestly. Would it go something like this:

“Girls, if you dress immodestly, you are sending the message that you don’t want to be respected and if a guy falls in love with you, it surely has nothing to do with your personality and everything to do with the amount of skin you’re showing.”

This is a horrible message the author is sending. Girls should be free to wear whatever they want and shouldn’t be judged or disrespected if they choose to express themselves in a way that doesn’t align with the author’s standards.

By Amy | 2 years ago Reply
    • I agree with Sarah.

“I want to not only respect myself but I want to respect those around me! This is what modest dressing does… allows men to feel safe and women to allow the men to see their dignity within”

Is she implying that women who don’t dress “modestly” don’t respect theirselves and they are slutty just because they want to wear clothes like that? Just because that is their way of expressing theirselves?
      Respect those around you? So we should be ashamed of out body? First of all, if you saw a guy wearing a low v-neck or short shorts it would be fine? What is this? Double standards? Also, respect those around you, I’m sorry my shoulders and thighs offended you. Our religion does not have a “dress code” for a reason. Jesus does not judge us based on what we wear. Heck, in a different religion, showing your elbows is considered immodest.

Respect those around you? DO NOT TELL ME TO BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF. DO NOT TELL ME THAT MY EXPRESSION OF PERSONALITY, MY EXTENSION OF MYSELF IS DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHERS.
      “Allows men to feel safe and women to allow the men to see the dignity within” So women who do not wear clothes that are “modest” are only attracting men for their physical appearance? Are men that primitive that a short skirt voids them of seeing the DIGNITY of a person?

And does that also mean that the way I dress is a threat to men?
      It’s a threat to men!? What about the jeering comments and the teases of men eh kahit naka pants and shirt you’ll hear those eh. Are those not threats to women?

I’m sorry if the way I dress causes you to think immodestly. Let me change the way I dress so that you don’t have to be inconvenienced by YOUR OWN THOUGHTS. I guess men really are primitive creatures who have no control over their minds.

Women ARE beautiful and powerful.

This is so true. There is a way to dress WHATEVER THE WAY you want but still be modest. It is ALL ABOUT THE INTENTIONS OF THE WEARER AND THE ATTITUDE OF THE WEARER. Someone who is dressed modestly can be a slut. And someone who is dressed “immodestly” can be someone who is chaste.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE’RE WEARING.

Instead of praying for me to change my clothes. Pray that I ACT modestly. Pray that men change their way of thinking. Pray that society will stop being so patriarchal.

By Mitzi | 2 years ago Reply
      • THANK YOU.

By Kayte | 2 years ago Reply
      • If I could jump in and throw out a few ideas to marinate on….

First off, I don’t dress “modestly”, because I’m ashamed of my body. On the contrary, I dress “modestly”, because I’m proud of who I am as a woman. I am more than a body, I am a person with a strong mind, fun and crazy heart, craving soul and a fab body and face, lol. Since I know I possess all of the above, I want to showcase that WHO I AM as a human being, deserves complete attention from whoever I interact with… the some way I want to give my complete attention to them. Don’t we deserve that as human beings?? As children of God.

Dressing modestly isn’t about being afraid and it’s NOT about being ashamed. It’s not about oppression, it’s about freedom. It’s the freedom to show ALL the layers of what I’m about, all the complexities that make me… me and it’s ALL ABOUT what God has given me to give the world. I think there’s a misapprehension of how to define modesty. It’s about revealing MORE of a person and not less. It’s about countering a culture that is HYPER FOCUSED on “sex sells” and “you gotta be hot to get the kind of attention you want”. That’s undermining. It’s saying my worth comes from being sexy, … from showing all my skin. That bothers me. I know my worth is greater than that. Sounds like you know that, too and that’s an advantage you have. As human beings, we are not just minds and hearts… we’re physical bodies. How we treat our body is a reflection of how we treat our heart. Isn’t that why those of us who work out, and take care of ourselves… it’s because we’re not just taking care of the physical, but the mental, emotional and spiritual. Clothes are extension of that. To ignore the physical is to neglect ourselves. When we wear a tiny skirt all the way up to there, yeah… maybe we can “flaunt” it, but I think the bigger question is “Why do we want to flaunt it?”. Is it for ourselves? For some cute guy we want to attract? For our own self esteem?

I remember the first time I tackled this question. Prior to that, I was like every other girl in LA. I dressed to show it. In fact, I used to hear from every guy friend I ever had “Wow. When i first met you I thought you were easy. But then I got to know you and it’s obvious you’re not.” While it was awesome that they saw to not judge a book by its’ cover, I realized “why should I put myself in a position to undo a first impression?”

Yeah, modesty is an attitude. It’s not about wearing a sack. It’s not about making yourself look unfeminine or un-beautiful. It’s not about stripping yourself of personality. I think that’s where it’s easy to get upset. It’s not a negation, it’s a building up. I discovered that when I took up the challenge to just dress differently … still beautiful, just less skin. Still attractive, just less “sexy”(as in, you can see all the way up my skirt and isn’t cool that I’m so confident in myself that I could care less what you think? I found that in the process, my perceptions altered in a fascinating way. Now, I’m not going to tell you how that works, because I think every woman should try it for herself and see what I mean. Only experience can really shed light on the interior ramifications of slight physical clothing adjustments. But i can say this… it’s not what you think. It’s the opposite. That is, if you’re an honest person with yourself and others… you’ll discover more beauty and more mysteries that are a woman’s right. Don’t take my word for it, though.

On the man note, I don’t know if it’s so much about changing the way they think. Yes and no. Part of it is just instinct. Yeah, men need to be taught to control their instincts- 100% and every mom and dad should raise their sons to respect women and to treat them with care and appreciation. All that being said, men are physiologically built to “SEE” something first and then think. Again, being taught to train their hearts and minds towards good things is a discipline that needs to be done. However, WHY mess with them? Is it a psychological kick on one upping them with our “superiority”?? That sounds like ego to me and verges on misandry. I love men. I respect men. I’m married to one who I’m in awe of and he of me. Why makes things harder for him and others? I RESPECT THEM! Do you respect men and seek to make life a little easier for them… or do you set them up to fail by pushing the limit then laughing when they face plant in front of you? Just a question.

By Monique | 2 years ago Reply
        • p.s. I’d really love to edit my post (due to grammatical errors and the like), but I think you get the gist. However, if there’s a way to get back in… lol, I’d love to clean it up. Sorry about that!

By Monique | 2 years ago Reply
        • Well said!!!! This is such a continual debate in today’s culture, and you stated yours (and my) view perfectly!!!

By Anne | 2 years ago Reply
  7. Love this idea! For the intersection of stylish and modest, you can also find an ally in Mary Sheehan Warren, author of It’s So You, at isyfashion.com.

By Kalynne Pudner | 2 years ago Reply
  8. This is a fantastic challenge to take on. I’ll be praying for you. 🙂

By Jennifer | 2 years ago Reply
  9. This is an awesome challenge! Ladies let’s do this with class!!

By Lydia | 2 years ago Reply
  10. I hope I can do it! Please, share us your Pinterest and Instagram profile!

By Leslie | 2 years ago Reply
  11. This is a great challenge, Kileen! It is really not that hard to pull of with all the fashion options we have out there. Women and girls, please keep in mind that men and boys sin with their eyes. Most men out there do not have “custody” of their eyes and will look at whatever they are given, and then want more. Unfortunately, “the more” is very easy to come by. The proof is in the #1 industry on the internet. Sad! Do the men you come into view of these next 30 days a favor and dress modestly. You will feel good about yourself and not have to worry about pulling your shorts down because they keep creeping up! I’ve been there! You are setting an example and saving souls!!

By Katie | 2 years ago Reply
  12. I will try this! I believe that its way of protecting our bodies as a temple of the Holy Spirit. Thank you!

By Ericka | 2 years ago Reply
  13. Wow! this is quite a beautiful post! As a 19 year old Christian man, I find it very hard in this culture to be a virtuous man who can see a woman with love instead of lust in my eyes, especially when specific parts of a woman’s body are portrayed a tad too openly on a daily basis. The modern culture rams selfish idealism and lustful images into daily life.(I mean, just go to the beach. swimsuits cover less body then the average underwear.) To see that there are women out there who are truly confident in themselves enough not to have to wear seductive clothing is a true blessing. Modest clothing shows that the inner beauty is dazzling, and that there is no need to flaunt your body parts to get attention from anyone. It serves as a reminder of how beautiful and precious every women is! God bless you Kileen, and everyone completing the challenge for your witness of true womanhood!

By Jonathan | 2 years ago Reply
  14. whay absolute crap and drivel.
    We have to “teach men how to love us”?
    Men need to “feel safe ” with how women dress??
    You must have a very poor perception of women in general, and men in particular.
    when will people understand that aggression towards women is in the heart of the aggressor, not the victim !! How women dress has nothing whatsoever to do with men’s reactions to how we dress. If you want to dress “modestly”, at least own why you do it. Don’t lay it at the feet of what you must think of as weak men.

By Holly Kirk | 2 years ago Reply
    • Dear Holly,
      Men do not have to be taught how to love, but more so what to love. Killeen may have somewhat misspoke, but her point got across. Men do not know what to love-they looke at us and love are body more than our actual self-our personality, who we are, what defines us. Dressing modest is a way to show we value how men view us as opposed to how they view our body. We show that our body is special, sacred, and we don’t exploit it for “love”. We show we have things we want them to look at besides our body.

By Maria | 2 years ago Reply
      • Hi! I also felt the same way before, I mean, what’s the matter with showing all of my thighs? It’s no big deal! I see my friends wearing really short shorts and I don’t really care! The thing is men and women have a really different psychology, and sometimes we don’t realize that. So the reaction of a man on how much skin you show is not the same. If we dress modestly we make it easier for them to treat us as a person and not just a piece of meat.

By Marta | 2 years ago Reply
  15. I think “modesty” is a bunch of baloney. We women are sexy and beautiful no matter what we decide to wear. No man (or woman) can tell me “how i should dress” because I am capable of making that decision for myself. If you’re hanging around guys or men that you’re afraid of making uncomfortable with your choices, then you shouldn’t be with them. They should respect you and love you no matter what

By Kayte | 2 years ago Reply
    • and the same goes in reverse… we should respect and love men no matter what. I think that’s where it’s great for all women to really ask themselves “Do I really love men? or do I just want to use and short change them? It’s not about “should”. I hate “should’s”. I think the better question is… what the best thing for me to do and why? Is it motivated by love or fear? Is it possible to try and dress modestly and be motivated by love?

By Monique | 2 years ago Reply
  16. Kileen and others, modesty seems to be important to you, and this article seems to be a thoughtful expression of that. While you describe your desire and meaning behind “modesty” beautifully, I have seen “modesty” defined in many different ways. For example, there are woman who wear scarves and long sleeves and pants for exactly the same reason. I hear judgement in your opinion of someone dressing how you would deem to be “less than modest”. But I wonder how you feel about someone saying that you are dressed immodestly and being disrespectful because you show your knees, ankles, hair, etc?
    I once had a friend who was uncomfortable in anything sleeveless because it showed her shoulders. I don’t see my style as being the least bit provocative or have any intention of showing off any part of my body, but at times I wear a sleeveless shirt. I usually wear it when I am working and it is very hot in order to stay cool. But when I do, I view it as me respecting myself enough to take care of myself. I also trust those around me, men and women, to respect my choice, and my reasons, and respect me wearing a sleeveless shirt as much as they would me wearing a long sleeve blouse.
    My point is please be careful with your words and your judgements about other people because they may have different views. Please respect everyone, even if they are wearing something that you would not, for whatever reason: modesty, fashion, practicality etc. I hope that you are also respected whatever you wear.
    Good luck to you all on your challenge. I hope that it is successful and meaningful for you. God bless.

By Shannon Besaw | 2 years ago Reply
    • Love your post Shannon. Thank you for expressing that, as I’ve run into that a lot and judging people doesn’t get to the heart of the matter. Sometimes the modesty brigade can go a bit far. I, for one, look at it more as a more personal interior challenge and not an opportunity to size other women up.

By Monique | 2 years ago Reply
      • Indeed. Actions speak louder with an open heart.

By Shannon | 2 years ago Reply
  17. As my daughter would say, “true this!” But seriously, there is a war on & it’s for our souls. Each one of us will be judged someday. We have to pray for WISDOM in our choices we make each day. At age 44, I am going to take this challenge. First I will pray my rosary because this is going to be tough. Then I will do a little “modest” shopping.

God Bless

By Carrie | 2 years ago Reply
  18. It all comes down to social control. We women are being fed this idea of “modesty” but it’s being used as social control

By Kayte | 2 years ago Reply
  19. Dressing modestly in the summer can be quite a challenge however I do like it’s purpose.
    HOWEVER, I feel as though fathers and society should do a better job teaching men not to associate sexuality with women’s clothing. It is sad that many people associate sex more with clothing rather than marriage.

I am pretty modest most of the time, however the notion that I need to dress a certain way to accommodate a man other than God makes me uncomfortable.

By Robyn | 2 years ago Reply
  20. I’m the first guy commenting on this, so please all ye women have mercy on me. I’m by no means the supreme rep for all men.

But I do have some thoughts. It was interesting reading both sides to how the article is viewed. Modesty is viewed as a liberator or gaoler concept. The question of what it means to be modest in modernity was brought up, too. These are some of my direct thoughts.

Men can train themselves to selectively view. This is difficult, but it’s one of the battles for chasteness. For me, this turns into a focus of the face and eyes of women. If I am interacting with a particularly attractive woman who is not dressed modestly (super short shorts, low cropped shirt, etc) I have to focus higher on not viewing her immodestly. We are all children of God, beautifully created and worthy of all the love in the world, but none of us are perfect. Men are gifted with the drive to procreate, but this can be turned into an abomination.

The men and women from today are not so different from the men and women from 1000 years ago. Personally I do think we’re better now, there’s a lot less town pillaging going on, but modesty has been a recurrent topic. We try to challenge norms nowadays, which isn’t bad, but we discover that we have limitations.

If you have a sexy body and your dressed to kill (immodestly), men are going to mentally have sex with you, or they might revisit the thought of you later. If they deny this, they are first lying to themselves and then lying to you. This is especially true if a man isn’t
    actively attempting to be chaste.

Modesty is a team effort. It’s not just something women do, men ought to do it, too. Modesty is similar to humility in that it is doing what is necessary to be done to presenting oneself. If one is rich, why flaunt it with pricey clothes and jewelry? If one is poor, why try to show off that you are poor? If you have a beautiful body, why reveal to everyone that gift? If you are ugly, why make no attempt to honor your bodily temple? Am I dressed appropriately for this event (wedding, funeral, date, going to the grocery, McDonalds)? I’m not saying ppl shouldn’t dress up or express themselves, I just think that there’s a time and a place for everything.

We can pray for others to accept us for who we are whether we present ourselves modestly or immodestly, or we can accept that we can’t control what other ppl think. If you care about the ppl around you, you must accept that your actions and the way you present yourself affect them even if you don’t intend to.

By Carl | 2 years ago Reply
  21. I agree that the journey to modesty starts with a renewal of the heart. Praise God for these sisters who are demonstrating the outward expression of modesty. God bless!

By Eric | 2 years ago Reply
    • Umm.. no. It’s primarily about dressing non-provocatively. If we weren’t sinful creatures… we wouldn’t need clothing AT ALL. Remember Adam and Eve? They started out naked. God CLOTHED them… for a reason. Furthermore, women will be held guilty if their attire or behavior leads others to sin… “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!” – Jesus, Luke 17:1

By Jonathan | 2 years ago Reply
  22. I have joined the challenge. This is very timely! We can influence man christian ladies to take a stand and make the conviction stand out! I am a young Lay Missionary from the Philippines, assigned in Ghana, West Africa. Please, what is your instagram account? mine is @leahkcustodio. God bless! Be praying for you! <3

By Leah Custodio | 2 years ago Reply
  23. Hello!
    I do have a question on the length of the shorts. I do want to try and be more modest but all of the shorts that I have are fingertip length. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

By Kayla | 2 years ago Reply
  24. Hi, I just have some questions about what is and isn’t modest. First off, I recently bought two pairs of what I thought were modest jeggings. Are jeggings modest? Also, since most summer shirts are made of sheer materials, I usually where a white tank top underneath. Is that a good solution? When it comes to formal dresses, I usually where a strapless bra even though there are straps. I don’t want to where a regular bra because then those straps would be showing. Is this ok? Are one strapped dresses ok? Lastly, what are some good websites/stores for cute modest clothes? Thank you

By Olivia | 2 years ago Reply
  25. Kileen,

Any time I hear a woman start preaching about modesty, I cringe. Why? Well, it’s because most of the time, they seem to think that they get to define for themselves what modesty means, despite what The Church teaches. They are also typically hypocrites…

Sure enough, your facebook is littered with spandex, tubetops, strapless dresses, short skimpy dresses, tanktops, low-cut shirts, spaghetti straps, and breasts hanging out…

“Either we must speak as we dress, or dress as we speak. Why do we profess one thing and display another? The tongue talks of chastity, but the whole body reveals impurity.” -St. Jerome

Please look up “A Papal Decree on Modesty”, and then 1 Timothy 2:9-12, and consider that if you plan to teach, you may first want to start trashing a lot of what is in your own wardrobe.

– Jonathan

By Jonathan | 2 years ago Reply
  26. Hej, I love this blog! I would like to do this project in my country which is Croatia. Modesty brings elegance, feminity, dignity and beauty to a woman, something mystical which can attract a guy more than wearing something provocative.
    Kileen, I love your blog. It is inspiring and so true. It helps me to accept myself as I am, not perfect looking and I have my flaws with which I battle each day, but that is what makes me special and beautiful. A daughter of God, our Dad:)
    I would like to keep up with your blog.

P.S. Please excuse my errors in the writing.

By Marija | 2 years ago Reply